click image for slideshow

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Three weeks to take off!

Well today marks three weeks until I fly out to LAX! My nerves are starting to fray a bit but that is equally matched by my excitement... 

I realised today that I have started the list of 'lasts'.  Today was the last Wednesday I'll work. Yesterday was the last blood test I take for the anti-eczema drugs I'm on and I saw Luke our 'Demigod' coffee rep and Peter our 'trooper' coke rep for the last time today. Of course this all sounds a little fatalistic, I know it isn't the last time for all these things but a bit like our Gregorian calendar marking A.D and B.C, these are the lasts before the PCT! Of course I could be wrong (or right) and this may well be the last time I see Luke as I might befall some serious fate like being mauled to death by a marmot..!?

On another note... My list of things to do seems to be getting bigger! While I am frantically doing things I keep thinking of more and more. Gawd! I really should write an actual list out cause the list in my head is more like a madman's rant than a list! 

One 'last' thing I am really looking forward to is the last time I have to explain to someone 'no we don't sell sandwiches here at the cafe. We believe sandwiches are things cheapskates (like you) make before going out to save money on lunch. We have an extensive menu with many healthy options and besides; if we made sandwiches you'd complain about the price.' These people are akin to the 'sharing a pot of tea' people and the 'we only want something light' people! They do my head in. And don't get me started on decaf or 'babychinos'! I mean seriously. There are many options before you 'need' that decaf coffee and excuse me but if the child is too young to order themselves maybe get them a kids milkshake? A cuppachino is an adult drink, you'd think it irresponsible getting some apple cider (the old one before they became alcoholic and trendy) and pouring it into a little glass saying 'here you go... Here's your babybeer!?'



Shit. I definitely need a break from hospitality! Bring on the flesh eating marmots!

Rxx

No comments:

Post a Comment